Friday, January 7, 2011

Simple

I'm a simple man. That's something else I'm embracing about myself.

Stories with too many characters and plot lines confuse me. I don't like puzzles. Math escapes me. Languages are lost on me. Other than plaid or tartan I like things to be in solid colors. Too many spices in a recipe make me ill. I don't walk through the fragrance section of department stories. I do art one piece at a time. When something is ready to rest and dry, I rest before I move to the next board or canvas. Multitasking is beyond my comprehension. My senses weren't made for bombardment.

I've always been this way. I want to be focused on one thing at a time. Distractions often throw me off course in remarkably bad ways.

The current age of humankind shuns the simple. It requires multitasking, distraction, gadgetry, complexity...

I'm simple.

And that's okay.