Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter

Winter is far too often ostracized for its cold and ice. I love it. I prefer the crisp cold air over summer's heat. The long nights and glittering snow do much for my spirit whereas the humidity of summer and its heat shut down my senses.

In the summer, I like to close myself off in my studio, shut the blinds, and turn down the air conditioning. Working on art in a dark chilly room thrills me and it brings me closer to the winter I love.

Winter is not for everyone. I know this all too well with the complaints I hear during these cold months. I ignore them.


I long to go sledding and wear layers of cotton and wool. I enjoy cocoa sitting by a fire. The moon light making the snow glitter and sparkle leaves me in awe. I believe there's magic in that moonlit snow. I feel it in my bones and soul.

Winter is my friend and my counsel. It clears my thoughts and sharpens my instincts. I'm in love with it.