Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Cancer Plague

Today this plague hit my family, specifically my mother. Her liver and pancreas are spotted with it, and she's in a bit of pain.

I hate cancer; I deplore it; I loathe it. And sadly, if we avoid accident or injury, most of us will die from it, and in increasing numbers.

Cancers are not accidents. We pass them from one generation to the next, and we get them from the thousands of chemicals we've created. We live in a toxic soup.

Cures and better treatments are coming, but the number of toxins smothering this world is staggering and mind-numbing. It's going to be an uphill battle.

Cancer is a curse, and something we must live with as long as we continue to pass this plague from one generation to the next, and put convenience and shine above health and longevity.