Friday, April 10, 2009

I don't belong here...

...and perhaps, neither do you. I've long known that I'm residing in the wrong place in time. When I close my eyes, I see the steam from trains, and hear the hum from the cables. I also see the stars morphing into streaks and the vistas on other worlds. I don't belong here. Oh don't get me wrong, I like the toys and most of the entertainments. But having said that, something is missing. I need to explore the past and the future in ways most people can't comprehend. I need to feel the dust of the pyramids on Earth and Mars. I require things for sustenance that 2009 cannot possibly give me.

So what do I do? I have to create these life-giving fuels from the mists and ethers, creating a place in my studio where I can find life.

I belong to time, but not this present.